The annual Trans-Provence race has become an important part of the European bike scene, and the route we have developed based on it has become a permanent fixture in the Bikefex calendar. Six amazing days of cycling, 250 km featuring the best singletracks in Provence and the French Maritime Alps. Because we know the area so well, we have been able to develop a sequence of rides that ensure that the minivan is used with maximum efficiency. The result: 8500 m of pedalled climbing and 15000 m of descent, on routes where you might ride all day without meeting a single soul.
The surrounding landscape is simply stunning, with constant views of the spectacular Maritime Alps. Riding without any race pressure, each day brings completely different experiences. The ride is hard to describe in words, but every ambitious, wildernessloving MTB rider needs to do this route at least once in her/his live.
The terrain here is particularly distinctive, with colours that meander between grey, red and brown, each giving a completely different type of grip. It’s not just the ground that changes as we ride south down to the sea, there is a distinct culinary shift as well. Rustic cooking traditions created by generations of farmers’ wives and derived from the specific farming context at high altitude gives way to a more Mediterranean cuisine, surrounded by sun, sea and sand – with lots of interesting excursions and things to see.
We will be accompanied for the whole week by two guides and a minivan. Each day, whichever guide is driving also prepares a fine midday meal based on specialities of the region. This means that we never have to ride with more than a small daysack each; all the rest of our possessions are in the van every day and therefore only ever a few hours away.
The stages listed below have proved themselves over the course of the last few years. However, changes are always possible as a result of weather conditions, or simply because we have discovered options that are even better still.
The trip includes return travel from the Innsbruck area by minivan, with a pickup possible from Milan or Turin – let us look after the driving while you get into “time off” mode. You can also join us at the beginning of the ride at Embrun; there’s a station nearby with trains from Marseille. Contact us for more information and advice.
- Day 1: Embrun – Barcelonnette, 1.574 m, 2.292 m, 36 km
- Day 2: Barcelonnette – Colmars, 1.660 m, 2.716 m, 45 km
- Day 3: Colmars – Valberg, 1.921 m, 3.209 m, 50 km
- Day 4: Valberg – Valdeblore, 867 m, 2.902 m, 34 km
- Day 5: Valdeblore – Sospel, 1.381 m, 4.031 m, 63 km
- Day 6: Sospel – Menton, 1.543 m, 2.257 m, 43 km
Changes may be influenced by multiple factors such as group riding abilities, weather conditions or the condition of the trails.
- 7 nights accommodation including breakfast
- 7 evening meals in different restaurants
- 6 lunch breaks with local food in the middle of the mountains, prepared by our guides
- Common arrival from Stubai valley
- All shuttle services
- Baggage transfer
- Qualified bike guide(s) or mountain guide for six days
- Personal travel to/from the meeting point, Stubai valley/Tyrol
- Drinks during the evening meal
- Additional meals
- Single supplement € 300,-
Sufficient strength and endurance to be able to cope with the kind of riding mentioned above. Solid bike skills for S3 routes. Experience with riding trails in high mountain areas (balance, choice of line, etc.), and also with pushing/carrying a bike in these conditions. Descents are mainly on singletracks.
We travel together in the minibus from the Innsbruck area (exact meeting point will be provided after booking). That way you can have a relaxed journey and get to know your riding partners for the coming days. If desired, we can pick you up in Milan or Turin. If you’re coming from Switzerland, taking the train to Milan is often a good option.
- Wellmaintained e-mountainbike: enduro full suspension with at least 140 - 160 mm suspension travel
- MTBspecific protective clothing (helmet, eyewear, gloves, knee protectors, other body protectors if available)
- Waterproof gear and multiple changes of clothing
- Rucksack for day rides (drinks bottle, spare inner tube, pump, energy bars, lights for riding on the road, …)
- Appropriate and sufficient spare parts.
We'll bring a tool box with tools to fix the most common problems.
A detailed kit list will be provided after booking.
Keine weiteren Termine in diesem Jahr geplant. Für individuelle Termine schreibe eine Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise stated, all our trips need to be booked at least two weeks before the day of departure. At that point it will be ascertained whether the minimum number of participants has been reached and the trip is able to take place.