Ticino Tre Laghi – Enduro rides in Ticino
Heading west from Lake Lugano, a stopover at Lake Maggiore, and back to Lake Como. Here in the south of the Swiss canton of Ticino, situated in the Italian-speaking part of the country, the landscape is enduro heaven. With the relatively low altitude (compared to elsewhere in the Alps), and the southern location, Ticino has a long mountainbiking season, with riding possible from early spring and well into autumn. But we also benefit indirectly from the winter’s snow: in addition to our own support vehicle, we’ll be making use of the ski lifts in the area. Our routes will mainly be along mountain ridges: gentle gradients that make for endless descents through spectacular scenery.
Flow trails among the lakes
Our enduro rides will of course be complemented by the best southern European food and drink. As we travel through the region, sleeping in a different place each night, we’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy lavish meals and a glass or two of wine. Swiss culinary specialities and the finest Italian coffee ensure that the time we spend off the trails is truly special. Our trips are outside of the main season, and – away from the main towns and villages – we are generally alone and have the breathtaking mountain scenery mostly to ourselves.
The trip includes return travel with us in the minivan from Innsbruck, meaning that you’ll arrive in Ticino relaxed and ready to go. Making your own way there is also possible, but even if Innsbruck is a slight detour, we recommend you join us – it’s a fun trip.
- Day 1: Common arrival from Innsbruck to Ticino and a lift-supported tour to start this great week with about 1.000 m descent.
- Day 2: Home trails around lake Locarno, 400 m climb, 2.400 m downhill
- Day 3: Monte Tamaro and Monte Lemma, 1.000 m climb, 3.400 m downhill
- Day 4: Monte Tremezzo, 500 m climb, 1.700 m downhill
- Day 5: Monte Bar, 900 m climb, 1.900 m downhill
- Day 6: Monte Tamaro and to Lago Maggiore, 700 m climb, 2.000 m downhill
- Day 7: Common travel home after breakfast
Changes may be influenced by multiple factors such as group riding abilities, weather conditions or the condition of the trails.
- 6 nights accommodation inkcluding breakfast in various hotels
- Baggage transfer and support van
- All shuttle services and lifttickets
- Qualified bike guide(s) or mountain guide for six days
- Travel with us from Innsbruck in the minibus
- Personal travel to/from the meeting point, Innsbruck
- Lunch, dinner and drinks during the evening meal
This trip mainly involves flowing tracks with amazing views. Some sections are definitely more challenging, so a skill level of around S2 is required – not least because of the overall length of the trails we’ll be riding over the course of full days. Some interest in figuring out fiddly technical sections would be no bad thing either. The most difficult element will be the tight bends; if necessary, you can simply dismount for these. We will have minivan support each day, but nevertheless you’ll need to bring plenty of pedal-power as well. We will at certain points be riding uphill on trails.
We’ll be glad to work on technical sections with you, and give you tips on how to master them. Our scheduling, and the routes themselves, are fully compatible with participants working to develop their technique, if desired.
You can enjoy a relaxed journey with us in the minibus from Innsbruck, and get to know the rest of the group along the way. It’s also possible to be picked up somewhere along the route. Innsbruck is easy to reach by rail or air. We can collect you from a station or the airport, by arrangement. If you come by car, there’s lots of free parking available for the week.
- Wellmaintained mountainbike: enduro full suspension with at least 140 suspension travel
- MTBspecific protective clothing (helmet, eyewear, gloves, knee protectors, other body protectors if available)
- Waterproof gear and multiple changes of clothing
- Rucksack for day rides (drinks bottle, spare inner tube, pump, energy bars, lights for riding on the road, …)
- Appropriate and sufficient spare parts.
A detailed kit list will be provided after booking.
Keine weiteren Termine in diesem Jahr geplant. Für individuelle Termine schreibe eine Mail an email@example.com
Unless otherwise stated, all our trips need to be booked at least two weeks before the day of departure. At that point it will be ascertained whether the minimum number of participants has been reached and the trip is able to take place.